Jeff and I celebrated our 4th anniversary yesterday! Wahoo! Jeff
had this fantastic (and really romantic) idea of incorporating different
family traditions from his Swedish ancestry and my German ancestry to
make this anniversary really special. It's not technically a milestone
year, but for us it's most definitely a milestone because it's our last
anniversary without children! I know, we really already have a baby, but
a baby in-utero isn't the same as a baby in our arms. Anyway, Jeff
wrote a really great blog post about the whole anniversary, including
details about the family traditions, so instead of re-writing it all
here, you should definitely go over to
Jeff's blog and read it for yourselves!
The only thing missing from Jeff's post, however, is my perspective, so
here you go: I thought that it was our best anniversary so far, and one
that I'll remember for the rest of my life. It was beautiful, intimate,
and romantic. It's hard to describe it beyond that, so that's the best I
can do. :) I absolutely adore that Jeff Beatty and am really grateful
that we found each other.
Since I feel like putting the actual
newspaper I made for Jeff on my blog wouldn't quite be right, I'll just
post some of the pictures that I included instead:
 |
Our first picture together, October 2007. Doesn't Jeff look so little and young?
|
 |
He liked it so he put a ring on it! (March 2008)
|
 |
This was taken at some point during our engagement. (March or April 2008)
|
 |
My first trip to Jeff's hometown of Rawlins, Wyoming. We're 4-wheeling in this shot. (May 2008)
|
 |
Our first Halloween party-both dressed as Michael Jackson. (October 2009)
|
 |
Our most recent Halloween party, where we're obviously Spartan Cheerleaders. "Who's that Spartan in my teepee?" (October 2011)
|
 |
Holi Festival, 2010
|
 |
Jeff's graduation, 2010.
|
 |
The Sirsi-Dynix Christmas party at La Caille (not as great as it's purported to be, by the way), December 2010.
|
 |
Family pictures in St. George, October 2010.
|
 |
Our "Calvin and Hobbes" Snowmen that we made with the Reschkes, December, 2010.
|
 |
Me decorating our Christmas tree in my PJs, even though it's like 7pm, because I was 2 1/2 months pregnant and super sick. (December 2011)
|
 |
Jeff about to open up his keyboard! December 2010.
|
 |
Pregnant!!! November 2nd, 2011.
|
 |
Oakland A's Game, April 2012.
|
 |
Harvest Restaurant, Valentine's Day 2012.
|
And of course, some of our beautiful family pictures from last September:
It has been the best 4 years of my life for sure, and I expect
that the next however-many years will keep getting better and better.
No comments:
Post a Comment